£29,727 - £31,731 (full time)
Harrow Arts Centre is a busy theatre, arts and community complex and the Headstone Manor & Museum site has 4 historic buildings including a successful wedding venue, owned and operated by Harrow Council. We are looking for an outstanding Operations Manager with a record of strong performance in busy, customer facing environments where time management is key to success.
The successful candidate will support an experienced operations and technical team as we work to improve processes and performance, so experience of improvement work would be a significant plus. The ability to hit the ground running, learn processes fast, and handle a varying workload including evening and weekend work is vital. In return we are offering a competitive package, flexible working opportunities, and the chance to be involved in a lively community hub.
Core aspects of the role will be:
- Lead responsibility for the management and operation of buildings, facilities and equipment to achieve the most efficient and effective use of the resources.
- Be the key contact for the catering and the sales of alcohol operations across the Arts & Heritage Service, act as Licensee for the sale of alcohol and be the named designated premises supervisor.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with production teams, hirers and other clients. Communicate with the operations team as to the requirements of hirers, production teams and other internal and external customers to ensure the smooth operation of the service.
- Provide line management, support and development for the operations team and manage delegated budgets for salaries, production costs and maintenance.
- Responsibility for the management and improvement of compliance with regulatory requirements, including licensing, health and safety, planning and building regulations.
- Develop and maintain emergency procedure protocols and ensure reporting systems and risk assessments are in place.
- Be visible at events across the Arts & Heritage Service ensuring that you take on the Duty Management responsibility on a regular basis, especially being available for high profile events.
- Prepare and maintain a working business continuity plan for the Arts & Heritage Service.