The Harrow Arts Centre complex is built on the site of an old Royal Commercial Travellers School (later Royal Pinner School) founded by John Robert Cuffley. The school was opened by HRH Prince Albert in 1855 and occupied the site until the school closed in 1967.
The Elliott Hall auditorium was built in 1904 and is named after B.G Elliott. He was a one time pupil and scholar of the school who returned as member of the Board of Management and President of Appeal. B.G Elliott secured the funds for the hall to be built and it was named in his honour.
When the Royal Pinner School closed in 1967, Harrow Council purchased the site in order to house both the Harrow College of Further Education and St. Teresa’s School. During this time, the Elliott Hall received its Grade II listed status in 1983.
Harrow Arts Centre has existed since 1988 and has gone from strength to strength as an arts venue ever since. Over 220,000 people visit HAC each year and this will only continue to increase. HAC has a bright future ahead and we invite you to become part of it!