Creative Producer - Wealdstone Square Project
Wealdstone Square is a newly developed public space in the heart of Wealdstone Town Centre, Harrow. It is an area where positive uses are encouraged such as markets, performances and entertainment to reinforce the vibrancy of the town centre and make it more attractive to new visitors and businesses. Harrow Arts Centre (HAC) has been commissioned to deliver a programme of events on Wealdstone Square to add cultural and creative elements, as part of animating the space and contributing to increasing dwell time, footfall and spend.
We are looking for a Creative Producer to join the HAC team to deliver the project:
- Contributing to increasing community spirit through engagement with young people, new and old community groups, traders, residents and faith groups, schools, college, Westminster University and arts organisations to build on the Wealdstone social cohesion. A specific focus on targeting under-represented groups including young people, through dance, music, arts, links with schools, local clubs, and local communities is required.
- Engaging community groups in the formulation of the events plan and delivery of them, and upskilling community groups to deliver events as part of the sustainability and exit strategy.
- Developing a streamlined approach to deliver events including street licensing, waste and disposal, permissions for promotional materials to be displayed along the high street and communications is also required.
- Improving the image of Wealdstone as a High Street
Outputs from the project include:
- A programme of 10 events delivered by HAC along with details of events planned by local stakeholders.
- A costed events and marketing plan.
- Engaging at least 5 local groups to assist delivering events on the square.
- An evaluation report of the events programme after 6 months and at the end of the 12 months.
- A simple toolkit, process chart and application pack produced to issue to new groups to hold events on Wealdstone Square.
We are looking for a person who is passionate about the arts, self-motivated and organised, with excellent communication skills, a love of working with people and who has experience of working with diverse communities. In return we are offering a competitive package (£12,000 project fee), flexible working opportunities, and the chance to be involved in a lively community hub.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV plus a short cover letter (no more than 1 side of A4) outlining your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 88 KB PDF