Harrow Arts Centre is a community driven facility which seeks to enhance the lives of all who live in Harrow through the transformative power of arts and culture. As we continue to make our way out of lockdown, we want to continue to support both our communities and the artists we work with, many of whom have been disproportionately affected by the pandemic.
Commissions Now Open
We are thrilled to be offering a small number of commissions for artists, arts organisations, and creatives to create family theatre/productions and/or family participation activities for our Autumn 2021 season. We are particularly interested in hearing from companies or individuals who meet at least 3 points of the following brief:
- To create and present a new or adapted in-person family theatre production between 30-90 mins in length
- Productions to be targeted for an age range between 2-14 years
- Productions should be small to mid-scale with limited set/technical requirements
- The potential to present up to 2-3 shows in a day
- Open to the possibility of live streaming the performance alongside an in-person audience.
- To create and present a family participation workshop or course
- All activities to take place in September, October or November 2021. We are especially interested in programming family activity for the October half term (25-29 October 2021)
We put community at the heart of everything we do. Harrow is one of the most ethnically and religiously diverse boroughs in the UK. Our family audience is a large part of our audience base and every season we cater to this to audience to programme theatre, workshops, and films. We will be selective to ensure our commissioned work reflects this diverse demographic and continues to serve our loyal family audiences.
Please submit a written proposal of no more than one page along with a brief description of you / your company and the work you do. Please also include a short explanation of the inspiration behind your proposal and how you think it will provide a positive experience for our family audience. Please also state whether your proposed activity can take place during Autumn half term (25-29 October 2021). Where possible, please include as many images/videos as possible to support your proposal.
Proposals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 11th June.
Depending on the nature of the work and the scale of the production, a commission fee of up to £1,200 for new work / adapted performances by companies is available. A fee of up to £400 is available for participation activities. Please supply costings for your proposal, including artists’ fees and include any materials required. Any proposals submitted without a budget will not be considered.
5pm, Friday 11th June 2021
- Selected commissions to be confirmed and announced by Monday 21stJune.
- Selected companies / artists to provide marketing materials to HAC by Friday 2nd July
- Programme to go live / on sale date w/c 12th July
- Selected projects to take place between Sep-Nov 2021