The photography workshops will run over four weeks. You will be introduced to DSLR cameras and learn to use them manually as well as, controlling the creative elements to produce powerful images. We will cover all the major aspects of photography as well as developing confidence through fun and engaging activities. The course will help you to get an insight into working as a commercial photographer or using photography and images to start a career.
The first week we will be looking at the camera and how it has evolved over the years. Looking at different camera formats across the years. We will discuss how photography has developed and the power of the image. We will be discussing photography and its use in social media. You will be introduced to the technical functions of the camera.
In the second week we will work with the different settings on the camera and complete, different tasks to grasp the camera functions. Introduction to composition. Understanding the importance of composition. Learning to read images.
During week three you will be learning about different light sources and how best to use them. Setting up a small studio lighting to take head shots. This will be a very interactive and practical workshop as we will be playing with light.
In the final week you will be using the camera in a commercial way. Learning how to use the camera to create an income. Understanding how to make the most out of social media to promote your work and produce an income. Learning about creating a portfolio of work. Learning about how to approach prospective clients.
Covid 19 Procedures
- Although no longer mandatory, masks are still expected and recommended for those over the age of 11 for the majority of the session, unless exempt.
- Hand Sanitiser is available at main entrances/exits and in the activity space.
- Cleaning takes place every morning, evening and between sessions.
- Although not mandatory, we kindly ask that participants take a Lateral Flow Test before attending.
- Refunds or credit sums are available for those who test positive or are instructed to self isolate over the period of the event.
This workshop/course is presented with funding support from Learn Harrow. You will be required to register with Learn Harrow to take part in this workshop - instructions will follow in a separate email. It is really important you register as future funding for similar events depends on it.
This is a 4-week course as outlined below:
- Saturday 12th March 2022, 10am-5pm
- Saturday 19th March 2022, 10am-5pm
- Saturday 26th March 2022, 10am-5pm
- Saturday 2nd April 2022, 10am-5pm
A £1 non-refundable booking fee applies per booking transaction online and over the phone
To discuss specific access requirements or to book an access seat for in-person events, please call the Box Office on 020 3773 7161
Covid-19 safety measures are in place at the venue + book in confidence with our Covid-19 cancellation promise!
- Although no longer mandatory, masks are still expected and recommended for those 11+.
- Hand sanitiser stations at all entrance and exits.
- Cleaning and disinfectant fogging in between every event or performance.
- Although not required, we kindly ask all audience members to take a lateral flow test before attending.
- Full refunds available for ticket holders who test positive or are instructed to self isolate by NHS Track and Trace. Otherwise we operate a strict no-refund policy.
- We have a very good ventilation system in our Elliott Hall performance venue that we monitor.
(please see our 'Covid-19 FAQ's' for more information) All Covid measures are subject to change as per Government guidance.