Commissions now OPEN
Harrow Aarts Centre is thrilled to be offering a third round of commissions for artists, arts companies and creatives of all disciplines to create new pieces of work for our #HACFromHome summer 2021 programme.
So far, #HACFromHome has delivered creative workshops of all kinds, digital concerts for care homes, outdoor theatre, audio storytelling guides and interactive online theatre experiences, engaging more than 1,000 people.
We want to continue to inspire our diverse audiences and communities while our usual programme of live events is suspended. We are interested in hearing from musicians, theatre-makers, outdoor arts specialists, visual artists, workshop leaders and facilitators to provide us with:
- Online performances, films, virtual exhibitions and digital works such as VR experiences audiences can enjoy in their own homes
- Live, socially distanced work – from promenade or immersive theatre to pop up festivals – which can be safely enjoyed by our audiences in suitable outdoor or indoor locations at HAC or our wider home borough
- Workshops and interactive activities for all ages
- Uplifting, inspiring, innovative and inclusive work which rises above the restrictive nature of lockdown and engages audiences in new ways
HAC puts its community at the heart of everything we do. Harrow is one of the most ethnically and religiously diverse boroughs in the UK and our audiences reflect this. We programme comedy, music, theatre, film for families, adults and older audiences and seek to engage local young people through our participation programming. Our work is ethnically diverse and representative and we are keen to ensure our commissioned work reflects this.
Please submit a written proposal of no more than one page along with a brief description of you / your company and the work you do. Please also include a short explanation of the inspiration behind your proposal and how you think it will contribute to our communities and audiences at this difficult time.
If you are proposing online work, please include some details in your application about how the performance / activity will work and how audiences will be expected to engage.
Depending on the nature of the work and the scale of the proposal, a commission fee of up to £1,200 for new work / adapted performances and £400 for participatory workshop activities by companies is available. Please supply costings for your proposal, including artists’ fees and any materials required.
Please email all applications to Charlotte Baldwin at email@example.com by Thursday 25th February
• Selected commissions to be confirmed and announced by Friday 12th March
• Selected companies / artists to provide marketing materials for HAC by Friday 19th March
• Programme to go live / on sale 1st April
• Selected projects to be delivered between April-August 2021