We are often looking for enthusiastic people who are passionate about the arts to join our team. The ability to hit the ground running, learn processes fast, and handle a varying workload is essential. In return we offer the chance to be involved in a lively community hub, and be part of a friendly team with flexible working opportunities.
We offer work experience to students that attend school or college in, or live in the Harrow borough.
Work experience students usually get the opportunity work in a variety of roles during their week – depending on the availability of staff – such as Box Office administration, Front of House support, Marketing, Programming and Participation.
If you are interested in enquiring about a work experience placement here at Harrow Arts Centre, please contact us at email@example.com including the following information:
- The dates you are interested in asking about
- What school or college you attend
- A bit about your interests and why you would like to do your work experience placement here at HAC.
Please note that we aren’t able to pay expenses for Work Experience.
Placement students have opportunities to work alongside other members of the Arts Centre team, including the Senior Programmer, Senior Marketing Officer, Participation Programmer and technical teams.
During the placement, there will be an opportunity to gain experience and train in a variety of areas, including:
- Arts administration; the planning, delivery and evaluation of a range of projects, activities and events.
- Programming, fundraising, monitoring and evaluation
- Marketing administration including print and digital marketing.
- Observing a range of workshop and creative arts education situations
- Experience of diverse project models, including summer schools, HAC core outreach programmes, outreach work in schools and out of school learning by young people
As our work placements are voluntary positions, we aim for them to be as flexible as possible to revolve around your other commitments. We look for you to be with us at least two days per week for a minimum three-month period and can be up to a maximum of six months. Placement students receive daily expenses of up to £10 per day (upon presenting valid receipts) to cover food and travel.
To apply for a placement at HAC please send your CV (maximum 2 A4 sides) and covering letter of no more than 1,000 words stating why you would like to undertake a Placement to firstname.lastname@example.org
In my six months at Harrow Arts Centre I’ve grown a lot. I’ve started to do a lot more by myself, just from using my initiative, and I can’t stress how valuable that is