In celebration of this year’s Platinum Jubilee, Harrow Arts Centre are planning to host a family celebration day of performances, workshops, and events on Saturday 4th June 2022.
We are therefore thrilled to be offering a small number of commissions for artists, companies, and creatives to create or adapt a family theatre production that signals to the Jubilee Theme. We are particularly interested in hearing from companies or individuals who meet at least 3 points of the following brief:
- To create and present a new or adapted in-person family production, promenade performance, performance workshop or creative event between 30-60 mins in length
- Productions to be targeted for an age range between 2-14 years
- Productions should be small to mid-scale with limited set/technical requirements which can be presented both indoors and outdoors.
- The potential to present up to 2-3 productions throughout the day.
- All activities to take place on Saturday 4th June at Harrow Arts Centre in Hatch End, Harrow.
Our Platinum Jubilee Celebration Day will be a free event open to all members of the community but specifically targeted at families. Harrow is one of the most ethnically and religiously diverse boroughs in the UK. We will be selective to ensure our commissioned work reflects this diverse demographic and continues to serve our loyal family audiences.
Please submit a written proposal of no more than one page along with a brief description of you / your company and the work you do. Please also include a short explanation of the inspiration behind your proposal and how you think it will provide a positive experience for our family audience. Where possible, please include as many images/videos as possible to support your proposal.
Proposals should be emailed to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 25thFebruary.
Depending on the nature of the work and the scale of the production, a commission fee of up to £1,200 for new work / adapted performances by companies is available. Please supply costings for your proposal, including artists’ fees and include any materials required. Any proposals submitted without a budget will not be considered.
5pm, Friday 25th February 2022.